Musings on the Art of Writing

As a child, I discovered fantastic worlds created in books. When I began writing about the worlds of my own imagination, I realized how hard authors work to set their characters free to live for our enjoyment. This blog will explore that weird and wonderful process.


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So Much for Plans

Well, my plan to write this blog everyday was waylaid by a trip to Denver (see my travel blog) and a bad cold.  I'm still suffering from a horrid, hacking cough but I think I might be on the mend.  Bonus to being sick, is 1) reading and 2) watching TV.

I've consumed all the books in the Hunger Games trilogy as well as the latest Rain Wild Chronicles by Robin Hobb, City of Dragons.  This four-book (so far) series follows her Liveship Traders Trilogy which I read last year.  This week I also began another Dragons of Pern book, Dragon Harper, written by Anne McCaffery and her son, Todd.  Since the last book I read in this series was in 2007 (I think), it's taking me awhile to get back into the characters.

On the TV side, I finally got to watch Game of Thrones (Season 1) DVD thanks to my son-in-law, Mike.  Seeing a newspaper article about this series spurred me to read the books by George R.R. Martin which I did last year (May 2011 to January 2012).  The TV series does not disappoint, following the plot pretty well and the casting is excellent although there are some characters who aren't as I 'pictured' them.  The bonus for waiting to see the series, is I don't miss any episodes.

Next, I hope to get The Bourgias which hubby has seen most of but would like to catch the episodes he missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment