Musings on the Art of Writing

As a child, I discovered fantastic worlds created in books. When I began writing about the worlds of my own imagination, I realized how hard authors work to set their characters free to live for our enjoyment. This blog will explore that weird and wonderful process.


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is Blogging Worth It?

I've been blogging off and on for about 2 years now.  My travel blog is up to date with our latest adventures while this one languishes.  I wanted this to be a forum for some insights I've had as a writer but I think it's now time to change things up.

I'm going to try and blog every day and see if it helps with both my writing and my ability to get an idea across quickly and affectively.  No more long-winded blogs!!

So, today I will say that I finished editing the second draft of my aboriginal fantasy book for young adults.  I love my characters but I must work a bit to fill them out.  Right now they are skinny creatures with eyes and hair colour and not much else.  I think the magic is good and I feel I've tapped into my version of native myths but it still needs some work.  I'm putting it away for a couple of weeks while I tackle the second book of The Lochnaeran Cluster books.  I blogged about publishing The Quest of Balthasar and now I have a fan in my second cousin, Collin who loves the story and wants more.  Talk about pressure!


No comments:

Post a Comment